Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Zeitschrift für Evidenz, Fortbildung und Qualität im Gesundheitswesen
WHO. The world health report 2002: Reducing risks, promoting healthy life In: WHO. Geneva 2002.
- Comparative effectiveness of exercise and drug interventions on mortality outcomes: metaepidemiological study.Brit Med J. 2013; 347: f5577
- Evidence for prescribing exercise as therapy in chronic disease.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2006; 16: 3-63
Exercise is Medicine: http://exerciseismedicine.org/, 2015 (accessed 12.12.2015).
General Medical Council of Germany: Physical Activity on Prescription. 2014.
German Olympic Sports Conferderation (DOSB): Physical Activity on Prescription http://www.dosb.de/ru/sportentwicklung/sportentwicklungs-news/detail/news/einheitliches_rezept_fuer_bewegung/, 2015 (accessed 10.12.2015).
- The effect of physical activity advice given in routine primary care consultations: a systematic review.Journal of public health medicine. 2001; 23: 219-226
- Effectiveness of exercise-referral schemes to promote physical activity in adults: systematic review.Br J Gen Pract. 2007; 57: 979-986
- Effectiveness of physical activity advice and prescription by physicians in routine primary care: a cluster randomized trial.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 694-701
- The green prescription study: A randomized controlled trial of written exercise advice provided by general practitioners.Amer J Public Health. 1998; 88: 288-291
- Planning Committee of the Addressing Multiple Behavioral Risk Factors in Primary Care, Multiple behavioral risk factor interventions in primary care. Summary of research evidence.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 61-79
- Factors contributing to the effectiveness of physical activity counselling in primary care: a realist systematic review.Patient education and counseling. 2015; 98: 412-419
- Effectiveness of general practice-based physical activity promotion for older adults: systematic review.Primary health care research & development. 2014; 15: 190-201
- Physical activity on prescription in primary health care: a follow-up of physical activity level and quality of life.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2008; 18: 154-161
- Physical activity on prescription schemes (PARS): do programme characteristics influence effectiveness? Results of a systematic review and meta-analyses.BMJ open. 2017; 7: e012156
- Population physical activity behaviour change: A review for the European College of Sport Science.Eur J Sport Sci. 2012; 12: 367-383
Sport Pro Gesundheit (“Exercise for Health”): http://www.sportprogesundheit.de/de/sport-und-gesundheit/sport-pro-gesundheit/, 2017 (accessed 05.12.2017).
- Gaps between knowing and doing: understanding and assessing the barriers to optimal health care.J of continuing education in the health professions. 2007; 27: 94-102
Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Bayern (Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians in Bavaria): www.kvb.de, 2015 (accessed 08.12.2015).
- Attitudes, norms and controls influencing lifestyle risk factor management in general practice.BMC Fam Pract. 2009; 10: 59
- Barriers, facilitators and attitudes influencing health promotion activities in general practice: an explorative pilot study.BMC Fam Pract. 2013; 14: 20
- Barriers to providing nutrition counseling by physicians: a survey of primary care practitioners.Prev Med. 1995; 24: 546-552
- Get moving! Physical activity counseling in primary care.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2007; 19: 349-357
- Primary care physicians’ knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and practices regarding childhood obesity: a systematic review.Obes Rev. 2009; 10: 227-236
- Why don’t physicians follow clinical practice guidelines? A framework for improvement.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1458-1465
Präventionsgesetz (Prevention Act): www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/service/begriffe-von-a-z/p/praeventionsgesetz.html, 2017 (accessed 16.12.2017).
- Overweight and obesity: knowledge, attitudes, and practices of general practitioners in france.Obes Res. 2005; 13: 787-795
- Our Healthier Nation: are general practitioners willing and able to deliver? A survey of attitudes to and involvement in health promotion and lifestyle counselling.Br J Gen Pract. 1999; 49: 187-190
- Primary prevention in general practice - views of German general practitioners: a mixed-methods study.BMC Fam Pract. 2014; 15: 103
- Obesity management: Australian general practitioners’ attitudes and practices.Obesity Res. 2000; 8: 459-466
- Determinants of counseling in primary care pediatric practice: physician attitudes about time, money, and health issues.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 629-635
- Health professionals’ perspectives on exercise referral and physical activity promotion in primary care: Findings from a process evaluation of the National Exercise Referral Scheme in Wales.Health Educ J. 2015; 74: 743-757
- Putting prevention into practice: qualitative study of factors that inhibit and promote preventive care by general practitioners, with a focus on elderly patients.BMC Fam Pract. 2010; 11: 68
- Cardiovascular prevention at the general practitioner? First results of a study on attitudes, services, success and barriers in practice.Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2012; 137: 17-22
- Prevention and health promotion in clinical practice: the views of general practitioners in Europe.Prev Med. 2005; 40: 595-601
- General practitioners’ views and experiences of counselling for physical activity through the New Zealand Green Prescription program.BMC Fam Pract. 2011; 12: 119
- Primary care providers’ perceptions of physical activity counselling in a clinical setting: a systematic review.Brit J of Sports Medicine. 2012; 46: 625-631
- Prevalence and temporal trends of physical activity counselling in primary health care in Germany from 1997-1999 to 2008-2011.The international journal of behavioral nutrition and physical activity. 2015; 12: 136
- Training for physicians for physical activity promotion in older adults. Needs assessment and formative evaluation of a first offer.Präv Gesundheitsf. 2017; 12: 218-226
- Counseling for physical activity in overweight and obese patients.American Fam Physician. 2003; 67: 1249-1256
- The Swedish approach on physical activity on prescription.Clinical Health Promotion. 2016; 6 (31.3)
- How to make exercise counseling more effective: Lessons from rural America.J Fam Practice. 2008; 57: 394-402