Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Zeitschrift für Evidenz, Fortbildung und Qualität im Gesundheitswesen
- The Federal Role in Health Care.in: Marchildon G. di Matteo L. Bending the Cost Curve in Health Care. University of Toronto Press, Toronto (ON)2015: 193-214
- A system in name only--access, variation, and reform in Canada's provinces.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 497-500
Government of Canada. Budget 2017. Building a strong middle class. 2017.
- A country of perpetual pilot projects.CMAJ. 2009; 180 (E88-9)
- Public and patient involvement in health technology assessment: a framework for action.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2016; 32: 256-264
Government of Saskatchewan. Patient First Review Update: The journey so far and the path forward. 2015:68.
- Tensions in human-centred design.CoDesign. 2011; 7: 45-60
- User-centered design and the development of patient decision aids: protocol for a systematic review.Syst Rev. 2015; 4: 11
- Involving members of vulnerable populations in the development of patient decision aids: a mixed methods sequential explanatory study.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2017; 17: 12
- An interprofessional approach to shared decision making: an exploratory case study with family caregivers of one IP home care team.BMC Geriatr. 2014; 14: 83
- Operationalizing a shared decision making model for work rehabilitation programs: a consensus process.J Occup Rehabil. 2015; 25: 141-152
Létourneau J, Berthelot S, Plaisance A, et al. Adaptation of DECISION+, a training program in shared decision making on the use of antibiotics for acute respiratory infections in primary care, to the context of an emergency department: a mixed methods study. SAEM Annual Meeting Abstracts: Acad Emerg Med, 2016.
- Development of a decision aid for cardiopulmonary resuscitation involving intensive care unit patients’ and health professionals’ participation using user-centered design and a wiki platform for rapid prototyping: a research protocol.JMIR research protocols. 2016; 5: e24
- Decision making at the time of ICD generator change: patients’ perspectives.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1508-1511
- Decision coaching using the Ottawa family decision guide with parents and their children: a field testing study.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2015; 15: 5
Moore GP, Lemyre B, Daboval T, et al. Field testing of decision coaching with a decision aid for parents facing extreme prematurity. J Perinatol 2017.
- The evolution of an interprofessional shared decision-making research program: reflective case study of an emerging paradigm.Int J Integr Care. 2016; 16: 1-11
- Cultural adaptation of a shared decision making tool with Aboriginal women: a qualitative study.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2015; 15: 1
- Interventions for improving the adoption of shared decision making by healthcare professionals.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 9: CD006732
The College of Family Physicians of Canada. A Vision for Canada: Family Practice – The Patient's Medical Home. Toronto (ON): The College of Family Physicians of Canada, 2011:66.
Legare F, Labrecque M, Cauchon M, Castel J, Turcotte S, Grimshaw J. Training family physicians in shared decision-making to reduce the overuse of antibiotics in acute respiratory infections: a cluster randomized trial. CMAJ 2012.
- Skills training to support patients considering place of end-of-life care: a randomized control trial.J Palliat Care. 2010; 26: 112-121
- Randomized controlled trial of the effectiveness of an intervention to implement evidence-based patient decision support in a nursing call centre.J Telemed Telecare. 2006; 12: 410-415
Stacey D, O’Connor A, Saarimaki A, Carley M. Ottawa Decision Support Tutorial for Enhancing Understanding of Shared Decision Making: What do the users think? 37th Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making. St. Louis, MO, 2015.
- Training health professionals in shared decision making: Update of an international environmental scan.Patient Educ Couns. 2016; 99: 1753-1758
- Decision aids for people facing health treatment or screening decisions.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 4: CD001431
- Feasibility of a randomized controlled trial to evaluate the impact of decision boxes on shared decision-making processes.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2015; 15: 13
- Five shared decision-making tools in 5 months: use of rapid reviews to develop decision boxes for seniors living with dementia and their caregivers.Syst Rev. 2017; 6: 56
- Engaging physicians and patients in conversations about unnecessary tests and procedures: Choosing Wisely Canada.CMAJ. 2014; 186: 325-326
- Do choosing wisely tools meet criteria for patient decision aids?. A descriptive analysis of patient materials.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e011918